The concept of Music Therapy (MT in further reading) depends on various approaches of particular branches of science and scientific disciplines (Medicine, Psychotherapy, Special Pedagogy etc.).
Generally, Music Therapy is based on interdisciplinary approach of several branches of science and scientific disciplines which create its theoretical as well as practical foundation.
· musical (Music Pedagogy, Music Psychology etc.)
· medical (Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Physiotherapy etc.)
· psychological (General, Developmental, Pedagogical, Social Psychology etc.)
· pedagogical (General Pedagogy Methodology, Special Pedagogy etc.)
· sociological (Family Sociology, Group Sociology etc.)
· legal, technical
and others (Břicháčková-Beníčková, Vilímek IPPP CZ, 2008)
Traditional dividing MT coming-out from portion of participation client in MT process. This can be:
· active (productive) MT- client develop music
· Receptive (listener) MT- client listen music.
Active MT can include this components:
· vocal (singing),
· speech (rhythmic declamation text),
· instrumental (playing on body, playing on instruments, e.g. Orff armamentarium)
· movement (connection between movement and music),
· dramatic (pantomime, dramatization on music etc.)
· graphic (e.g. so called music painting - associative creative exhibition base on music listening).
Receptive MT using rehabilitation of listening music:
· Life (Advantage is authentic and acoustic effects etc.)
· Reproductive (through music records).
Content definition of life and reproductive music as well as using opportunity in receptive MT is very difficult not only from point of view of social-cultural environment but also from variety of global understanding of music therapy. (Břicháčková- Beníčková, Vilímek, IPPP ČR, 2008)
What music therapy offer?
· Music therapy offer opportunity to variegate by yourself advancement of mental retarded client.
· Using optimal methods and instruments to develop smooth and rough motor skills, graphomotorics and orientation in the space
· Support friendly relations among of clients.
· Using abreactive technique degrease aggressive behavior of clients therefore is much easy to integrate into collective.
· Offer communication opportunities among of clients, which has delay expression speech.
· Pay attention to right breath.
· Optimally chosen music instruments can be used for relaxing tensions and through this approach improve clients life quality (somatic troubles)
· Hearing development perception or visual perception
· Phonemic hearing development, which is important for speech advancement.
· Using of elements MT for advancement of children with specific defects.
· Development of social feeling and cooperation in the group
14.11. 2OO9 was music therapy section MAUT become a member European Music Therapy Confederation (EMTC, European Music Therapy Confederation – viz. http://emtc-eu.com/ )